Children ages 3 to 5 and those in kindergarten to 3rd grade are invited to participate in the Awana Program – a place for fun, a place to learn, and a place for your kids to meet Jesus.
Awana meets on Wednesday evenings from 5:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. from September to May. Sign-in and pick-ups are in Lower Fellowship Hall at Asbury. A meal is offered at 5:15 p.m. in Upper Fellowship Hall.
We will begin each club night with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. The children then participate in a variety of fun activities that help the kids become closer to Christ.
CLICK HERE to download an Awana Program Registration form.
CLICK HERE to download the 2013-14 Awana Program Calendar.
Childen ages 3-5 are the Cubbies. Children ages K-3 are the Sparks.
Club Night Schedule:
- 5:35 p.m. - Early arrivers sign in a pre-club activities.
- 5:45 p.m. - Opening (greetings, announcements, pledge of allegiance, Lord's Prayer, leader's prayer).
- 6 p.m. - Games and handbook times.
- 6:45 p.m. - Large group session (Bible story and scripture lesson.
- 7 p.m. - Music.
- 7:20 p.m. - Closing prayer.
Special Note for Cubbies: Cubbies must be 3 by September 15 and be completely toilet-trained. Parents are required to review materials with the child each week.
If you have questions or want to volunteer, contact:
• Rebecca Erickson, Commander of AWANA - 563-323-3394 (email: Becka.firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Angie Kunz, Cubbies/Sparks Director - 563-210-0806 (email:J_A_kunz@msn.com)
• Bec Parish, Children's Ministry Director - 563-359-8785 (email: email@example.com)
On Facebook at: facebook.com/asburybettawana